Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello there...

This is my first time starting a blog , inspired by one of my friend. I like to discuss more about creating a spark in the young kids about science and technology. This idea came to me from working with my son's Science project. By the way i am not bragging , he won first place in Plano District science fair. :). My son who is six years old, in kindergarten. The project was his first science project. Me and my son brainstormed to come up with the project idea. This came from my son, when i asked him to turn off the computer after use. He asked me why he should do that. I told him otherwise it will waste lot energy. He kept on asking more questions like what is energy, electricity, power etc.. It was amazing to see how kids of such young age are curious about knowing anything. Well that's how we got the idea to measure power consumption of each appliance at home to see which consumes most, and why. Also we wanted to see if the appliance wastes any energy if it is off but still plugged into the wall outlet. The project was a success. I will post the details and pictures in my next blog.

But the point here is can we create a spark in young kids about science and technology. YES WE CAN (thanks to OBAMA). I could see from my six year old, how fast they can understand concepts of science and technology.

I like all of you give your feedback on this. My next project is to start a Science club here in Plano to encourage creativity using science and technology. Keep me posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment